The shuttle market has been on a constant rise, similar to the ride-hailing counterparts. Increasing traffic congestion has made people to opt for several transport modes, and shuttle service has become one of the most reliable options. The key reasons for the rise of shuttle service are that they are much cheaper and more reliable than taxis. However, with rising demand, the shuttle market is witnessing a heavy competition. This is when marketing techniques can make you stand out from the crowd.
Marketing strategies can be differentiated into 2 main categories:
Offline marketing strategies
Offline marketing is the traditional marketing method that allows you to reach your audience in every possible way. They are the oldest form of marketing, but still are capable of reaching a large audience, especially when they are not reachable through any social medium.
Various forms of offline marketing include:
- leaflet/booklets : This kind of marketing strategy includes a printed form of the advertisement distributed for free of cost to make people aware of your service. This can be a quick and easy way to attract your regional audience and persuade them to avail your shuttle services.
- Promo codes & discounted pamphlets : This is a tried and tested method that works for every industry, especially the taxi sector. Promo codes and pamphlets are mouth-watering deals given to your customers to make them stay with your business for a longer time. (e.g. – Use code: ‘ABC1234’ to get 20% off on your next ride.
- Referral codes for existing customers : Give your existing customers the benefit to earn bonuses or discounts via referring new customers to your service. This not only increases your customer base, but also improves brand loyalty.
Online marketing strategies
The latest entrant in the marketing setup is promoting through online medium. These are the marketing techniques that are on the rise these days. Nowadays, smartphone users are everywhere, as they make communications easier and are considered as a mandatory addition in day-to-day life. Also, the wide audience base on the social media platform has made it a critical marketing channel.
Here are some of the most effective online marketing strategies:
- Social media marketing/Remarketing : It’s hard to find people without access to social media in today’s world and it is easier for you to market your services through social media. Hence, social media makes the perfect channel to garner the attention of large masses.
Twitter boosts your visibility.
LinkedIn gets you connected directly with your target audience.
Facebook reaches a huge number of audience within a short period.
Social media remarketing means retargeting already interested audience with continuous brand exposure and attractive promotions or discounts to convert them into customers.
Remarketing is one of the most result-driving strategies as it enhances your engagement by 2x to 3x. Use this tactic to attract your audience and increase bookings for your taxi service.
- Influencer marketing : Marketing through social media influencers could have a great impact as they can reach a wider audience base and attract more people instantly. These influencers could spread the word about the quality of your service, highlighting their benefits and effectiveness. Also, providing a free ride to your influencers would make them experience your service firsthand and help in highlighting the benefits in detail.
- Content marketing : Google’s definition of content marketing is, “a type of marketing that involves the creation and sharing of online material (such as videos, blogs and social media posts) that does not explicitly promote a brand but is intended to stimulate interest in its products or services.”
Maintaining a blog regularly helps you to get organic traffic. Providing relevant information related to your service to educate people can influence them to choose your services.
- Email marketing : Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to reach your target audience directly. Craft attractive email campaigns to attract new customers and increase your customer base.
Marketing strategies are the best ways to promote your shuttle services as they don’t cost you an arm and leg and has the potential to reach a wider audience base within a short span of time.
Try Tagmytaxi, a renowned Uber clone app specifically designed for managing shuttle services that help you to reach great heights in your business.