You might have come across plenty of blogs and articles explaining how to start a car rental business. Car rental business is growing rapidly across the world. Nowadays, people started relying on on-demand transportation services for their daily commutes rather than public transit services. Therefore, the scope for the business is great in the market. If you think a software that resembles Uber will support your business, you are absolutely correct. Are you wondering how to get an Uber-like app for your car rental service? Do you want to know how much it will cost to but such car rental applications? I have a better solution for you. Keep reading!
Why do you have to spend a lot of money and your precious time building car rental management software when there are ready-made software available for your use?
There are turnkey car rental booking software available in the market with almost all features that the Uber software has. However, all you need to do is to find the best one with reasonable pricing. You can buy a car rental software from a tech company as a software (Platform as a Service [PaaS]) or get it as a service (Software as a Service [SaaS]).
Platform as a Service (PaaS)
PaaS provides a framework that can be build upon and customized. In this type, all servers, networking, and storage will be handled by the third-party provider.
Benefits of PaaS
1. Cloud-computing model
2. Works on a virtualization technology (where a platform for the creation of software will be provided)
3. Both infrastructure and application will be provided
4. Assisted with the development, testing, and deployment of apps
5. PaaS has integrated web services and databases
6. Multiple users can access the same development application
7. Speed and flexibility in the development process
Software as a Service (SaaS)
SaaS is a cloud application service and the most preferred option for businesses. The applications will be delivered via the Internet to the users. SaaS applications do not have to be downloaded or installed as they can be run directly through the web browser.
Benefits of SaaS
1. Pay-as-you-go/pay-per-user model
2. Licensed on a subscription basis
3. Hosted on a remote server
4. Managed from a server location
5. Third-party integration will be done through APIs
6. No installation, maintenance, and updates required
7. Low cost and easy accessibility
The above-said two models are cost-effective and can be adopted based on the requirements of your organization. Both have its own advantages and variances. So, understand the differences between SaaS and PaaS to know how to choose the best one that can support your business in an effective way. Instead of investing money and time in developing a software in-house, you better for this kind of model.